Wednesday, May 2, 2007

You're So Very Special...

It’s very tricky to completely write about what I want to pen down today. For once, I am not being my egotistical self ‘coz this post is not for me. It is for two people who have been my support and inspiration for a long time. But I am not here to talk about that.

On 10th – 11th April, 2006 something happened which is entirely a mystery to us all. Heck, some people are already scratching their heads trying to look up the holiday list. No, it isn’t a holiday; it’s not even a birthday worth remembering. But, for two people it was the day they decided that they will commit to each other, uncaring about the hardships the future might hold. I, myself found out later, of course, the precise date(s) of the mystery day, but nonetheless I was ecstatic. I did not know one person save for common friend accounts and of course the boy was my best friend, guide and rock.

From day one, both Saikat and Tuna had to endure a lot of denigration, a lot of flak and definitely a lot of rod from their respective parents. There were tears, there was anger, and there were people who openly criticised their decisions. Sadly for the cynics, there was love too. A love which I will not understand, you my reader will certainly not understand ‘coz love is such a planet which remains the same yet is discovered differently by any two people who chance to visit it. Every time I decide to write down on abstract themes, such as this, I try very hard not to relate to personal experiences because these are not MY experiences, they are viewed through the myriad vision of a complete 3rd person.

They balance each other in every way. There is a saying that ‘opposites attract’. I never believed the adage until I saw it with my own eyes. Saikat and Tuna are as different from each other as ice and fire. Saikat is the cool, calm and collected in the face of adversity, while Tuna is fiery in every word, blatant to the core and not afraid to lash out at any of her detractors. Saikat prefers to eat loads, Tuna prefers to leave food alone. Saikat has a very reserved demeanour, Tuna is a more open person. They are like a jigsaw puzzle, each and every groove needs an extension to give the perfect picture. Few can come that close to perfection.

Without talking too much about the rapport they share (frankly, I am in no position to talk about what they share!), I will cut to the chase. On this 2nd day of April (I was FORCED to write this a good 8 days before the actual anniversary, I thought I could delay it, but CERTAIN people are a bit TOO impatient!), I would like to wish you Saikat Ghosh and you, Tuna Dasgupta, all the happiness life has to offer. It has been a year, and a long one at that, since you decided on commitment and it has changed both your lives significantly. It is not always that one sees two people share this near ideal blend of understanding, trust, friendship and love. You are very fortunate, and both of you are my inspiration in trying to maintain this kind of relationship in my life. More than me learning from my mistakes I have learnt from your attainment. God bless you both!

You float like a feather
In this beautiful world
I wish I was special
You're so fucking special…

2 comments:

faithless the wonder boy said...

you need a girlfriend.

Magically Bored said...

I know this is coming a tad late. But this is a wonderful post!
Thank you so much! It means the world to us.
*hugs*