Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Changing The Way I Cry

My Last Poem. I call it "Changing The Way I Cry". I completed it on 28th December 2006. Due to complications, I did not post it then, but now it does not matter anymore.

Walking beneath the Tree of Sanctuary
Looking back at the times we all made merry
Times of laughter times of Joy
Times: you and I both, came to enjoy
Times of pain and times of strife
Times we were forced to call this 'life'
Happiness torn away with lies black and white
Is it only me, where the demons within me fight?
I don't know why,
Or am I just changing the way I cry?

The leaves of heaven fall all around me
Teary faces we will never again see,
Anger, pain, lust, love and desire
Can you take me evermore higher?
The higher we go, the more blood they spill
The crimson tides, is it me you want to kill?
Stabbed happiness, hollow laughter,
Undead eyes, so is it me you're after?
I do know, why,
Because I am changing the way I cry.

Meeting men with stories untold
Weathered smiles, with memories of old
Iris of anger, this rage knew no bounds,
Pieces of my soul fed to the damned hell-hounds
Burning skin, tortured flesh, we boast no gains
Pierced soul, crucified heart; all of it pains...
Dreams shattered, promises broken, wishes untrue
We just lost it all, all thanks to me and you
I don't want to die.
'Coz it's the same as changing the way I cry.

11 comments:

storyteller said...

its beautiful....your use of words to define all the hurt and angst,i could almost feel it....dont give up writing poetry,please..

Achluophobia said...

alas... thatz the way the cookie crumbles. if i DO decide not to give up, u'll be the first whom i send a copy of the next poem, promise!

little boxes said...

how mean...i go bickering all day "dont stop,dont stop"...n she gets the first copy!!!
n its a beautiful poem....i cried!!!
so u realise how good it is!!!

Achluophobia said...

toke to first copy deboi debo, in triplicate....lol!!

Unknown said...

li didnt know you are that much into writing!! some of the stuff is really brilliant!! i guess now i can rlly say, 'looks are deceptive!!! may i know, who is the inspiration??! haha!

Achluophobia said...

ahh sakshi u dint need inspiration for writing, just thoughts. when they intermingle they become writings.

Niki Parson said...

i don't get it. for one thing, no matter how surrounded in heaven you are, there's always room to want to die. you're just... over dramatizing your life for the poem's sake... looking at your life as something pitiful yet treasured for you own sake... and A Series Of Unfortunate Events is terrible compared to the books.
But hey, It's alll just my eyes I'm looking through...

Achluophobia said...

@NIKI
Well fact is always stranger than fiction!

Niki Parson said...

I didn't mean any offence! I guess that was really stupid of me...And it was honestly very descriptive and somewhat moving...i couldn't think up words like that in all my regreted life! I'm very sorry- please forgive, or at least ignore, i hate people staying made at me! i shold retreat soewhere and think this over...

Achluophobia said...

@Niki

No I am not at all mad at you. C'mon everyone is entitled to some constructive criticism aren't? Besides all my friends tell me I write too morbid anyway.

Niki Parson said...

you're a life saver. Listen, i actually sort of have a couple questions for you, if you're not toobusy writting a novel or something. but i really hate filling up your comment list like this...
Zezitan@yahoo.com
i understand if you don't feel like it or just plain don't want to. and, to my knowledge, they're not personal....