Wednesday, May 2, 2007

My World...Not More, Not Less

Yes, like I promised I will accurately try and thank all the people who deserve to be thanked. If I leave out someone, please don't hesitate to comment, because I am writing this in the spur of the moment. And another new year resolution: I will MAKE IT A POINT to maintain my blog. Too many people have come to me to tell me to do so! (PS. The names are in no particular order except the first two. I randomly wrote them as I remembered them)

Mame (Ma) - Yes, I know I know, I should never thank her (how can I think of thanking her??). But yes ma, I love you! We have had our fights, and I have outright disobeyed you and I know your internet skills are too primitive to read this before 2020 AD, but still I would like to say, you are my life! You gave me life, and I will never pretend that I love you no matter what! And PLEASE, stop believing those astrologers FOR ONCE!! They speak crap most of the time!!

Babe (Dad) - Yes Father, it is but NATURAL that I should thank you next. I know I have often hurt you, but I won't pretend that I don't understand the sacrifices you make to make sure my future is bright! Staying in an unknown country for 3 years, alone without family, friends, it is almost inhuman! But yes, dad, I love you like mad too! And I miss you every night, everyday. Come back soon!

Debayan (aka Modon) - What the hell do I say about you? One of my first school friends and one of my greatest friends EVER, this guy is often under-estimated to be a fool and ununderstanding. But he understands everything inside me even before I say it. Probably the only one of that kind. It doesn't take a fool to do that. We have had our share of fights, angry outbursts and every other negative thing in the past, but you would expect that in fourteen years of friendship. The only one who knows me INSIDE OUT. There are many things in my past who recent friends don't know, but Debs and Soumya don't count in them. Don't you ever think you are not important in my life, because you are wrong. You are as important as oxygen itself. And yes as for his wife (aka my seester) Sayani Mukherjee, well she needs to be mentioned along with his name 'coz they have been inseparable for 4 years. Sayani you're too sweet, thanks for fighting with me all the time with hopeless issues. Love both of you.

Lolo - And you were expecting Santa Claus next I suppose??? Let's just pass for now...

Namrata (Basu) - The all-in-one. Best friend, shoulder to cry, worst critic, etc. etc. etc. Yes, there have been times when one fights and one cries and one pouts and one feels sad. These are the times when the light-bearers bring light to your life. Nam has been such a light-bearer. She has always made me feel like I am some mature idiot, in truth I am like anyone else, who needs a pillar of strength supporting me, Nam has been my pillar when times look down. You know why I feel so strong? Because I have had so many pillars supporting my life. I am always there for you when you don't need me, but more so when you need me desperately.

Saikat - He is my brother. The shoulder to cry on. The robotic shoulder. The only person who has unbiasedly shown me reason and the right path. The only one who knows how I feel even before I utter it. And sometimes all that scares me, parting, end of school, etc. etc. Yes, Saikat you have been my rock. One of my biggest rocks and I can't write enough to thank you. Don't worry I will never ever keep anything from you again, lesson learnt!

Faraz (aka Fuzz) - Another brother. Another rock. Another pillar of support, but no he has never showed me logic or reason, but he has been blind in support of me. No matter if I am right or wrong, Fuzz has guided me in that direction and always been there to make sure that I succeed, no matter what! Faraz, my brother, without you beside me enduring all that I have would have been a Herculean effort. Thank you, I know I am demeaning our friendship by saying thank you, but there is no time like now to say it! Needless to say that I will always be there when you need me.

Shiladitya - Yes, I know this is getting too long, but I want EVERYONE here to read this. Shilu, my littlest, bestest, cutest buddy. This is guy is an out and out supporter of whatever I do, and don't let what he tells you fool you. 'Coz whatever happens, I will get to know anyway, so DON'T BITCH ABT ME TO THESE people. It's not right for me to know about the bitchings. Shila has been a great friend ever since we 'fought' in class 10 (or I pulverised him in class 10). We have shared life's great sorrows, miseries, happinesses, flunky chemistry marks, and what not in these last four odd years. I can never thank you enough.

Soumya - My red-blooded friend has been a constant source of support and happiness mixed with mutual sorrow and tears in the last 12 years. Even before that we were great friends and always gave each other the mutual respect we deserve. Perhaps the only one who has paid heed to my advice sincerely and dedicatedly, because when he has not, life has not been kind on him. Impulsive to the bone, me loves you brother! Brother, no no no, you're my BABY!!!

Ranamit (one half of Ronojoy) - Yes, my keora buddy, you are one of the people who make my brain tick more than anyone else with your cryptic talks and your even more cryptic catchphrases. But it all makes sense once you open up the mind. Rono is a great source of inspiration, I know it has been jus 2 years, but he is often under-estimated. He is not the shoulder to cry on type of friend, gets uncomfortable with emotional talks so he makes me laugh with his stupid phrases. I like that. You have saved my hide on a number of occasions, often putting your own reputation at stake. I am greatly indebted to you, monetarily and mentally!

Anindita - What do I say about the girl who has been one of my closest friends for soooo long. Yes, she is the 1st girl (other than cousins, relatives, etc.) who I ever spoke to and she has trusted me beyond herself. That is something I can say for very few people. Thank you, Andi, for being such a part of my life and seeing me through my worse phases and now seeing through my best. God knows why we fight so much? God knows why we end up in a soup everytime we fight, but yes, I am so much in need of support in my life that I quite enjoy the making up after the fights. Thank you for being there, thank you for being soooo stubborn, thank you for making life so much more bearable.

Sabyasachi - Never thought you would make it to this list would you? But you have. This guy just PROVES the meaning of really fast friends. We are kinda family friends too, but right now he is the one who gets to hear most of my cribbings and shoutings and ramblings and sometimes some very useful advice. I dunno why we are such close friends now, maybe from his side its coz he still needs my help on something, but dude, I am sure, friendship is not based on the QUANTITY of time spent but on the QUALITY of time spent with each other. This guy is always ready to give me a treat, and I promise you a big treat soon.

Souvik - hah! Mr. Boyish Charm can't beat the man you are inside. We have grown really close over the last 2 years, though you ALWAYS seem to call when I am eating or studying and it ends up as a silly missed call. But yes, he is ALSO someone I can go and speak to anytime and he will always be there to soothe the nerve while playing the guitar. Thanks man.

Bharat - Another underestimated friend. He is a good guy at heart. His advice makes sense; trust me on this. He is greatly affected in his own personal life and I am really grateful that you told me about most of it. I am sure our friendship will blossom in the near future, and we will have great times to share once we leave St. James' into the outer world, making waves in our own fields. Don't worry about what other people say as long as you know you are right from within.

Ankit - Yes, we have had our differences, but trust this guy to turn up with the goods when it comes to proper advice. Ankit is my oldest friend, some one who I know is always there when I need a friend and all else fails. I thank you for whatever you have done for me for the past 18 years. Its a lot of 'thank yous', but all of it is worth it because friendship goes deep to the bone, no matter what misunderstanding or differences occur.

Tuna - She is like the sister I never had. Sister-in-law, correction, since I just proclaimed Saikat as my brother. But seriously, here is one female I am truly scared of. She seems proud of the fact that she scares the Grizzly. Well I thank you for all the advice and all the stuff you have said over the past. Makes a lot of sense at this stage of my life. You people have actually changed my life completely. A complete about turn and that truly marks our friendship. Its been a year or thereabouts, since I know you. But yet, I feel that you have given me more advice in that year than anyone else!

Simantini - Ahh, I didn't write your name when I first set out to write this exhaustive list. Ah but just a few days down the line, a Namrata's party day, a Spidey movie later and numerous phone and online conversations later, I have to admit, Lolo's right. You ARE special. Just a bit fucked in the head, but special nonetheless.

Mia - OFFF COURSEEEE!! Yeah she has been a thorough darling when it comes to making me feel good and happy. Our association has been really short, but she has been one of my great supports through the toughest times of my life. I know by now it seems a cliche that all the people I have mentioned here, I call my 'support', but there is nothing else I can really express myself with. 'Coz each and every one of them have been wonderful when it comes to being there for me. I guess, in life, you succeed only because of the friends you make. Mia, you to are leaving us here, but don't fucking think we are forgetting you, 'coz I at least won't and I know two other gentlemen who won't either.

Sneha - Yes, thank you for calling me during ISC, thank you for reminding me that "Yes, keeping in touch is as important as staying friends". Thank you for calling me "Gwijjlieee Bear", for saying, "I dunno, why I was scared of you!". Thanks for the 8B walks, the constant reminders that I am gaining weight. Thanks for laughing at my silly jokes. And then calling me the "King of PJs". Yeah I am proud of that! Do I need say more? Li'l mousey!

Tani - Yes, I need thank you the most. For not screwing me up when I deserved it. For saying that you forgive me, but still punish me. For believing that whatever we shared is a lie. For making me feel terrible for months on end. For playing a part in changing me into what I have become today. Yes, I loved the way you used to shout at me at night for not calling, for falling asleep, for turning up half an hour late. Yup, I miss those days. And I miss you, but sadly enough one cannot have everything in life. God bless you gal!

Rhea - Yeah, surprised? Yes I wanna thank you last, and not least; for doing everything you did and more. I have changed for the better, into a much better version of Rijoy Bhaumik, and I really have to thank you for most of that change. Yes, you have wronged, but it is also true that I see light at last. Guess, whatever happens, happens for the best. But never worry, I am always there for you maybe not in the way I promised, but anything you need, any help and I am there. And no this ain't "sarci"!

This song, is dedicated to all my friends, aforementioned and not mentioned (and I sincerely apologise for missing anyone out!) :


Hello my friend, we meet again
It's been awhile, where should we begin?
Feels like forever
Within my heart are memories
Of perfect love that you gave to me
Oh, I remember

When you are with me, I'm free
I'm careless, I believe
Above all the others we'll fly
This brings tears to my eyes
My sacrifice

We've seen our share of ups and downs
Oh how quickly life can turn around
In an instant
It feels so good to reunite
Within yourself and within your mind
Let's find peace there

When you are with me, I'm free
I'm careless, I believe
Above all the others we'll fly
This brings tears to my eyes
My sacrifice

I just want to say hello again
I just want to say hello again

When you are with me I'm free
I'm careless, I believe
Above all the others we'll fly
This brings tears to my eyes
Cause when you are with me I am free
I'm careless, I believe
Above all the others we'll fly
This brings tears to my eyes
My sacrifice, My sacrifice

I just want to say hello again
I just want to say hello again

My sacrifice.

1 comment:

Sneha said...

blah.
gwijlieee bear.
*hugie*